Highlights of South Africa
This 21-day tour is perfect for travellers wanting to experience the very best of South Africa. We focus on using small owner-managed guesthouses and private lodges as opposed to large impersonal hotels.
Experience the highlights of South Africa on this 21-day self-drive tour. The tour starts In Johannesburg and ends in Cape Town
It is not called the Rainbow Nation for nothing, South Africa with it’s rich cultural history exquisite cuisine, sandy white beaches, mountain ranges and amazing wildlife will leave you with the memories of a country with all the different possible landscapes combining into one country.
You will start your tour in Johannesburg and as you move East, the landscape will already start to change and you drive along the Panorama Route and get to see the 2nd largest natural Canyon in the world on your way to the historic and rich in wildlife Kruger National Park.
Your journey will continue into Swaziland to the East Coast and Durban, a surfer’s paradise. Taking a flight from Port Elizabeth you will arrive in George and start the scenic Garden Route after spending some time in the beautiful town of Knysna. The last few days will be spent in the winelands of South Africa before heading to the Mother City, Cape Town.
Prices are quoted as “from” prices, pp sharing.
|How much:||€ 1640|
|How long:||21 days|
|Accommodation:||Lodges and Hotels|
|Start point:||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|End point:||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Meals:||As indicated in Itinerary|
- Self-drive tour according to the itinerary
- 20 nights’ stay in guesthouses and lodges (depending on availability, accommodation of a similar standard will be booked)
- Meals according to the itinerary
- Domestic flight from Durban to Port Elizabeth (max 20 kg luggage)
- Flights (international)
- Rental car (please contact us for a quote)
- Possible toll and crossing border fees
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Beverages (alcoholic and soft drinks)
- National park fees
- Optional activities
- Visa, tips, personal expenses, travel insurance
Prices are based on 10-12 persons. The price per person will vary depending on the amount of people on this tour and the season.
Not quite what you were looking for?
Head back to our Travel options and Destinations, or let us create a Custom Safari for you, tailored to your specific needs…