Travel Options Explained
Our group tours are the best ways to experience Africa or Europe if you are looking for an Adventurous way of travelling. On these tours we combine as many attractions as possible to make the best of your time on tour. Imagine joining a Safari in Africa spotting the big five in the wild or hiking in the French Alps or even Sailing the Mediterranean. Explore Europe, South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Mozambique, Swaziland and Lesotho with us by joining a Group Tour!
- Guaranteed departures. Most of our tours are already guaranteed to depart. Choose the date that works for you and we will do our best to get you the seats you need.
- We travel around in a custom built overland truck in Africa or a Bus in Europe to get us off the beaten tracks. Clients have two options when it comes to accommodation- Camping in comfortable two-man dome tents or overnight in hotels/ lodges.
- All adventure tours are lead by experienced English speaking guides and cooks and on selected tour dates we even have either a German or Spanish guide available.
- All groups are international. This means you will share your adventure with like-minded people from all over the world. Your fellow travelers can literally come from anywhere in Europe, North or South America, Asia, Australia and New Zealand…
Do you want to enjoy and active adventure and get as close as possible to nature, then join a small group of like-minded travelers that, like you, are eager to safely and confidently experience all the things that make our world worth exploring on foot.
- All our tour leaders are locally based and have years of experience and are very well known to the area you are exploring
- Our tours have well planned itineraries that allows for free time to do your own thing and make sure that you get the most out of your hiking experience.
- Our hiking tours are not only for top athletes, it is designed and planned in a way that almost anyone can complete the course, even first timers! If you are unsure of your level of fitness, please get in touch with us.
- Our accommodations on the trails are fully functional, so you only need to carry your sleeping bag and pillow. If you did not book a single accommodation option, you will be sharing accommodation with other travelers.
- Because you wil be active during the day, you need take in a lot of calories to recover the night. The food that is provided on the hiking trails will have sufficient nutrients to make sure you can take on the next day fully energized.
You probably do not have a private yacht ready to sail to remote shores. Fortunately, we have plenty. And also a few catamarans. Step aboard and discover the Greek islands, the Adriatic Sea, and other exotic places. You will go on an adventure with a small group of fellow travelers and a skipper who knows how to find all the hidden caves, pristine beaches and secluded coastal villages.
- We only take small groups on our sailing adventures, there will never be more than 9 people on board including the skipper
- The travel route is very flexible, not one day will be the same as you together with the group and the skipper decide and plan where you will be heading next.
- During nighttime the boat will anchor in beautiful harbors where you can go on land to explore or stay on the boat to relax.
- During our sailing trips the skipper puts together a kitty for the whole boat to buy food and supplies for the duration of trip. If you decide to stay on board, you will also cook together as a group.
When you consider touring through Africa for your long-awaited holiday there are many things to consider. How will you move around? where will you stay? What do I need to take with me? Maybe joining a group is not how you like to travel?
By booking a private tour with ShapShap you don’t have to worry about anything. We have answered all those questions for you through organized Private Safari’s. These tours also give the option of choosing between:
- Fly-Drive/Guided Tours – What does it mean exactly? Basically, it means that you fly to Africa, and a private guide drives you around. We take care of everything from start to finish. On day 1 of your safari, a local representative will pick you up at the airport with your names on a sign, and on the last day of your safari, you will be dropped off again at the airport for your flight back home. We arrange your private (4×4) vehicle, a qualified and trained, English speaking guide, hotels and lodges, entrance permits and local flights. Everything you can think of from start to finish. You can just sit back and relax and enjoy your adventure of a lifetime!
- Self-Drive – The name says it all – you fly to Africa and drive yourself around. We arrange everything from start to finish. You will pick up a rental car of your choice on day 1 of your safari and travel around on a pre-planned route. We book all of your accommodation along the route and provide detailed information about the places you will visit.
Custom (Private) Tour
Haven’t quite found the Fly Drive or Self Drive Safari you were looking for? We can tailor a safari or itinerary to meet your every need. Our Custom Private Tours cater for all your wishes and you could consider it when:
- You want to combine multiple countries in one trip,
- When you prefer more luxurious hotels and lodges during your Fly Drive/ Self Drive,
- Planning a honeymoon in the bush or on the beach
- Thinking of bringing the whole family or a big group
- Have limited time but want to make the most of it.
Through our network of operators and partners we can cater to all your preferences with a customized initial itinerary and budget indication within 48 hours.
Fill in the Custom Tour form with as much information as possible in order for us to work on a proposal. Should we require more information we will make contact via phone, chat or email to ensure we offer you an experience of a lifetime.
Need More Information?
Please have a look under the “More Info” Tab for more FAQs. For information about a specific Tour please Contact us…
We are looking forward to hear from you…