Vehicles and Facilities
Overview of Vehicles and Facilities
These examples below will give you a better idea of what an overland truck looks like. The images will show you some of the Safari Tents we use on our camping tours and some Hotel/ Lodges we use during our accommodated tours. The 4×4 Safari vehicles are also used on many of our tours.
Overland truck/ Adventure vehicle – examples
- An overland truck is big and strong- designed to take on whatever Africa can throw at them. The overland trucks are high off the ground with big windows that can slide open all the way- which makes them perfect for a Safari and enjoying Africa’s most spectacular landscapes.
- Group sizes: Some overland trucks can carry up to 24 clients even though some of our tours are actually limited to a maximum of 17 clients. On selected departure dates the maximum number of clients is only 12… which gives you even more space to move around.
- They carry all the tents, sleeping mats, pots and pans and all the luggage and lots of fresh water… one of the best ways to travel around Africa!
- Luggage: Please keep in mind that our tours are of an adventurous nature and you will be travelling in an overland truck/ adventure vehicle and luggage should NOT include any hard cover “Samsonite” style suitcases. Most of the trucks have lockers for the luggage. Locker sizes: 70cm deep x 40cm wide x 38cm high. Only a soft bag will fit in these lockers.
- A suitcase is far more difficult to store and to make secure in our vehicles and this is part of the reason we ask for a soft cover bag/ sports bag/ backpack or tote bag to be used as your luggage. The other reason is that you need to walk from the truck to the accommodation and this is often over sand or uneven terrain. If you can’t carry your own bag, it is too heavy!
- Please note: If you bring a suitcase it might be left behind or you may be charged a fee to carry it if it does not fit into your locker.
Need More Information?
Please have a look under the “More Info” Tab for more FAQs. For information about a specific Tour please Contact us…
We are looking forward to hear from you…